With just three weeks to go until the release of his first solo record in five years, Ricky Warwick has released the title track to ‘When Life Was Hard And Fast’ featuring none other than Def Leppard’s Joe Elliott on backing vocals.
The accompanying video, which will be premiering tonight at 7pm GMT, depicts the County Down Ards TT Motor Race that is seen on the album’s cover and ran from 1928-1936.
The cover shows an accident from one of the races that happened directly in front of a field that was part of a farm owned by Ricky‘s grandfather, where Ricky himself lived for the first 14 years of his life.
Ricky’s new single is available to listen to now at: http://nblast.de/RickyWarwickWLWHAF
Pre-order the album on various formats, including a 2CD Digipack which includes the bonus covers album ‘Stairwell Troubadour’, now from: https://www.musicglue.com/ricky-warwick/ and http://nblast.de/RickyWarwick-WLWHAF
For the process of recording the album, Ricky was joined by Robert Crane (Bass), Xavier Muriel (Drums) and Keith Nelson (Guitar) as well as a number of special guests including Def Leppard‘s Joe Elliott, Andy Taylor formerly of Duran Duran, Thunder‘s Luke Morley, Dizzy Reed of the mighty Guns ‘N Roses and even Ricky‘s daughter Pepper. Keith also produced the new album, having previously worked with Buckcherry, Blackberry Smoke and Alice Cooper. Keith noted that “Ricky is a true Rock-n-Roll soul… he’s got incredible stories to tell and a unique way of telling them.
It’s been an honor to be asked to partner and contribute to this record.
When Life Was Hard And Fast’ Tracklist
- When Life Was Hard And Fast
- You Don’t Love Me
- I’d Rather Be Hit
- Never Corner A Rat
- Time Don’t Seem To Matter
- Fighting Heart
- I Don’t Feel At Home
- Still Alive
- Clown Of Misery
- You’re My Rock N Roll
‘Stairwell Troubadour’ Tracklist
- You Spin Me round (Like A Record) (Dead Or Alive cover)
- Ooops!…I Did It Again (Britney Spears cover)
- Summertime Blues (Eddie Cochran cover)
- 1000 Dollar Car (Bottle Rockets cover)
- Cocaine Blues (Johnny Cash cover)
- I Don’t Want To Grow Up (Ramones cover)
- I Fought The Law (The Clash cover)
- Burning Love (Elvis Presley cover)
- Jesus Loves You…But I Don’t (The Almighty cover)
- Wrathchild (Iron Maiden cover)